Dubai has a lot of jobs to offer and there’s a bunch of people searching for a job. But many companies don’t even know where to get an ideal staff to work for them. Many unemployed people do not know where to apply neither. That’s why staffing agencies exist.
- 1. What is a staffing agency?
- 2. Types of staffing services provided by agencies.
- 3. What kind of employment agencies can you find?
- 4. A staffing agency's responsibilities.
- 5. What can a staffing company do for you?
- 6. How is the process?
- 7. What are the fees for a staffing agency?
- 8. How can Contact Staff help you?
In this article, you will learn everything about what services a staffing agency provides. You’ll know about the process you have to follow, the types of agencies, and their services. Plus, you’ll analyze the advantages that a staffing agency has for you. Let’s observe:
- What is a staffing agency?
- Types of staffing services provided by agencies.
- What kind of employment agencies can you find?
- A staffing agency’s responsibilities.
- What can a staffing company do for you?
- How is the process?
- What are the fees for a staffing agency?
- How can Contact Staff help you?
1. What is a staffing agency?
A staffing agency finds individuals for firms that need to fill certain roles. Basically, a staffing agency operates as a go-between for employers and employees. For example, it can assist them in the matching of competent candidates with organizations that have current employment openings.
When you need new personnel and choose to work with a staffing agency, the normal method is as follows:
- The employer contacts the staffing agency. First, you’ll contact a company specializing in your field, describing the job duties and the number of employees required. Plus, you have to tell them the schedule for hiring new employees, and the wage or compensation rate.
- The staffing agency makes the job description. The agency then creates a job requirement for your company and advertises it. If the candidate is a great fit for this position, they may also contact the candidate individually.
- The staffing agency evaluates prospects. When individuals begin applying for available positions, the staffing firm evaluates their credentials and experience before arranging and conducting interviews. Then, they choose the most qualified candidates to introduce to your company’s recruiting manager.
- The employer makes the final decision. Before making a final hiring decision, the recruiter or company owner will interview the staffing agency’s candidates. This saves you and your employees time that would otherwise be spent going through a large number of candidates.
- Agency handles paperwork. Many organizations manage all paperwork related to new hires, such as contracts, taxes, and other payroll obligations.
2. Types of staffing services provided by agencies.
- Personnel firms assist in the supply and sourcing of quality employees.
- Also, the agencies offer industrial, technical, and corporate staffing.
- The organizations provide human resource consulting services.
- Staffing agencies handle the recruitment process.
- Additionally, employment firms can assist you in understanding the differences between offshore and local workforce needs.
- Staffing companies can assist you in determining job needs.
- Moreover, they can assist you in creating job descriptions for your marketing.
3. What kind of employment agencies can you find?
There’s not only one type of staffing agency. Actually, there is a considerable variety of them. That’s why you have to identify the types of agencies that exist. As a result, all these agencies have different things to offer you.
3.1. Traditional job search firms.
Traditional staffing firms aid in the matching of candidates and companies. Although it’s unusual, some companies may charge job seekers for their services. You have to ask them if there’ll be any charge involved before signing a contract with them.
Generally, the businesses are the ones that pay to staff agencies. Many firms specialize in a certain field. These may be marketing, accounting, HR management, legal, sports, or information technology career searches. In most circumstances, it’s advisable not hiring a job search organization that costs the job seeker.
It’s important to highlight there are a lot of companies that acquire staffing agencies’ services. This means that there is a qualified job prospect pool. So, most people would be better off sending their resumes for free to these companies.
3.2. Contingency employment agency.
When a contingency agency’s applicant gets recruited by an employer, they are compensated. Low and mid-level searchers use this type of agency the most. Also, they frequently give the employer a significant quantity of resumes. You can apply for a job through a contingency agency online mostly.
Additionally, you must be aware of some things. You’ll be up against experienced candidates. These people may have experience in HR and job boards. There will be other potential prospects, which means you will have to give it your all.
3.3. Executive search firm or Retained search firm.
The employer has an exclusive agreement with a retained search company. Usually, search companies are contracted for executive and senior-level searches. Also, it’d be for a set period to identify a candidate to fill a position. These organizations concentrate on locating and contacting the top prospects for a company.
And the recruitment will frequently approach executives who aren’t actively seeking a new job. These people are the active candidates. That is because they probably have a better experience in the market. Staffing agencies will try to persuade them to leave their current jobs.
Nevertheless, retained search agencies (sometimes known as “headhunters”) charge their regular fee plus a portion of the employee’s pay. It doesn’t matter if the candidate was hired or not. The agreement with the employer is to provide only the most qualified candidates for the position.
Hence, before presenting the candidate’s qualifications to the hiring manager, retained agencies will extensively examine them.
4. A staffing agency’s responsibilities.
Client organizations receive end-to-end staffing solutions from a staffing agency. They’re not the same as a placement or contracted search firm. As a result, their obligations differ from those of others. Some of the tasks of a staffing agency are:
- Understanding and having an in-depth understanding of the workload requirements of clients.
- Analyzing and identifying the workforce requirement, and making every effort to achieve it.
- Conducting several stages of interviews and shortlisting individuals based on the results.
- Creating contracts and staying on top of legal challenges.
- Knowledge about possible applicants’ backgrounds and qualifications.
- If there are any gaps, do training.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of temporary workers’ performance.
5. What can a staffing company do for you?
Staffing firms have become a vital resource for sourcing talent quickly and effectively. That’s because businesses increasingly resort to part-time, freelance, and temporary employees to fill in their workforce gaps. The following are just a handful of the numerous advantages a good staffing firm may provide for your organization.
5.1. Fast hiring
The employment market has evolved dramatically in recent years. So, the hiring process is now much lengthier and more complex than in previous years. Great talent is becoming tougher to come by. And managers are finding it increasingly difficult to analyze CVs and conduct interviews while still managing their day-to-day operations.
Plus, using a reputable employment firm can help you save time and money. One of the services that a staffing agency offers is to prescreen and qualify prospects. So, the manager ensures to interview only people who are a good fit for the post.
Many businesses are delaying recruiting for full-time employment for a variety of reasons. Companies want to be more productive by employing staff only when they are necessary. They must discover measures to ensure that every dollar spent benefits the company.
Therefore, using temp staffing allows businesses to have workers just when they need them, and those individuals are productive. Employers have realized the advantages of having a flexible workforce. This workforce can be dynamically altered to meet their ongoing employment demands.
That being said, the adaptability of staffing agencies became a key motivator to hire them. Companies are now hiring workers who can adapt to the ebb and flow of a client’s business demands.
5.3. Risk reduction
Being an employer implies a myriad of legal responsibilities. These may be paying certain taxes, providing insurance coverage, and adhering to labor rules. Hiring staff entails significant risks from both a financial and operational side. There’ll be more risk if someone has to be dismissed or abruptly quits.
Nevertheless, when you hire a staffing business, the agency accepts many of these risks on your behalf. When it comes to the temporary associates that are placed, staffing companies are often regarded as the employer of record. That’s why staffing firm clients prefer the staffing company maintains complete responsibility for the workers while they are on assignment.
6. How is the process?
Follow the next steps if you are hoping to work soon:
6.1. Select the best specialist staffing agency.
Check that the agency is suited to assist someone with your professional profile and aspirations. Determine whether it is a broad staffing business or one that focuses on certain sectors.
6.2. Register with the agency.
In most cases, you’ll start by submitting your resume and a cover letter to a recruiting agency. Once the agency has reviewed and accepted your papers, you may have to participate in some tests. You are going to do a skill and personality test.
After that, you will be interviewed by recruiting professionals to learn more about yourself. They can then assist you with improving your resume, preparing for interviews, and sharing local employment trends.
6.3. Take the interview very professionally.
Do the interview with a staffing manager as you would any other job interview with a potential employer. The staffing agency’s purpose isn’t to question you. The agency’s goal is to obtain a solid idea of the prospects that are a good fit for you.
Even if you are connected remotely, make sure you’re properly attired, groomed, and prepared. You should be prepared to discuss your job history, work habits, career goals, and workplace culture preferences.
6.4. Determine if you want part-time or full-time work.
Staffing services are frequently used by employers to recruit people for temporary or project-based work. Others are seeking full-time workers. Furthermore, there is an increasing tendency for temporary-to-full-time roles. For many individuals, this is the best of all options.
Hence, it allows both the company and the candidate to get to know each other before making a longer-term commitment. Determine if you desire a short-term, long-term, or temporary-to-permanent job. All parties involved will gain from this, including you, the recruiter, and the hiring company.
6.5. Let the job search begin
Following your interview, the recruiters will be able to represent you with more than just your CV. They’ll have an understanding of your hard capabilities, soft skills (communication skills, particularly), short-term work aspirations, and long-term career ambitions. Thus far, the procedure is similar to applying for a job.
That is because it is. The agency will use its relationships in your field to look for vacant opportunities that match your credentials and interests. Well-connected recruiters may have extensive industry relationships as well as knowledge of unadvertised employment positions.
7. What are the fees for a staffing agency?
Staffing firms often charge anything from 25% to 100% of the recruited employee’s compensation. For example, suppose you work for an employment agency and a 50% markup was agreed upon. You will pay the agency $15 per hour for their services if your new employee earns $10 per hour.
In addition to the markup, you may be compelled to pay additional charges. This is to cover the position or contract purchase fees if a temporary worker is hired permanently.
8. How can Contact Staff help you?
You are in the search of a job, or maybe you’re looking for new staff for your business. In both cases, you will need a staffing agency. And here is where we can help you. Our main priority is to connect professional job searchers with companies that need employers.
Additionally, we offer a lot of options for you to choose from. You won’t have to worry about searching on your own, wasting the time you may use in producing money. We’ll take a lot of weight off your shoulders since we are going to take the risks for you.
Would you like to contact Connect Staff to obtain more information on what services a staffing agency provides? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at email@example.com, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.